Monday, December 14, 2015

Moonreich Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band since the recording and release of the new album?
We've been preparing for the live shows with the new line-up. Everything is going well, last two gigs were awesome.

2.Recently you have released a new album, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
The goals is still the same: making the music we like without concession. I would say that is album is definitely more varied and more personal, as we gain experience !

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the newer music?
With “Pillars of Detest”, lyrics are very very metaphorical. Every one can make his own mind.
Even for me, the interpretation of it isn't really accurate. I like pushing people to think about it and make their own interpretation. That's what I like when it comes to art. Previous albums and Eps were conceptual's, Pillars of Detest is not.

4.On some of your older material you had covered Rennes le Chateau and its secrets, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in this topic and also do you also have an interest in any other esoteric subjects?
The big word about Rennes le Chateau would be “Mystery”. There would be a treasure there that could shake the monotheist beliefs. I like this idea. Vatican offered a lot of money to Saunière for hidding this secret. Today, no one knows what it is all about.
I have interest for a lot of other esoteric subjects, but I'll keep it for future releases.

5.Originally the band started out as a solo project, what was the decision behind forming a full line up?
I believe that Moonreich's music wouldn't make any sens if we couldn't develop it's energy in front of people. It is still the case, I like recording, I like listening to music at home. But the real power of music takes shape when it is played live to me. That's why I decided to form a complete line up. I don't have any regret, specially with the new members. New songs are souding great on stage.

6.What are some of the best shows that the band has played so far and also how would you describe your stage performance?
The last one we played in Tours was amazing, big energy there, pure agression ! You can always expect this at a Moonreich's gig !

7.Do you have any touring or show plans for the new album?
Yes, we are looking forward a french headlining tour right now. We will also be playing at Hellfest 2016 !

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your newer music by fans of black metal?
Well, this new album has been very well welcomed by medias and fans. We are really proud of it but don't pay attention too much, we make music for ourselves above all.   

9.Are any of the band members also involved with any other bands or musical projects these days?
Yes, some of us are involved in others projects, our guitarist for exemple plays in a band called “Griffon”. Our drummer also plays in bands, but they never released anything.

10.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?

I don't really know, I will always compose music that pleases me according to my tastes in the instant.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
I listen to a lot a varied music. From rock to classical music,  some post-rock; some movie music. When it comes to music, I don't have any fronteer. This is very important to me, when it comes to composition. Every sort of music can inspire me !   

12.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Thanks for the support !

Bandcamp
Facebook
Homepage
Myspace
Spotify

No comments:

Post a Comment