Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Morbosidad Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band since the recording of the new album?
**Playing shows,drinking and of course trying to write new stuff for a split with Ungod.


2.You have a new album coming out in March, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
**We always tried to keep our same sound in every recording, thats what make us different from any other band. Im really satisfied with the production, is really well produced compared to our previous recordings.


3.I have read that at the end of 2018 the band is going to split, can you tell us a little bit more about this decision?
**Yes, I think its time to put it to rest. Its been 25 years already, I dont have time for shows anymore plus the scene sucks nowadays, too many wanna be's, posers and pretentious people that makes me sick, everytime I played or go to shows. I cant deal with that shit, Im gonna miss it alot though (Morbosidad) is everything to me but I have differents plans, a project in mind. I owed everything to Morbosidad, got to go places I never though I wi and met so many bands and people, I had a really good run.


4.You have been playing a 'war metal' style since the early 90's back when only a handful of bands where playing this style, do you feel you might have had a huge influence on a lot of the newer bands that have been playing this genre over the years?
**I heard from some bands once in a while, they tell me how much Morbosidad influenced them on their music, lyrics etc. I takes me by surprised to heard that but it feel good to hear it, makes you proud.


5.All of your lyrics have been written in Spanish, why did you pick this language?
**Cause its my native language plus I think it gives our music a more primitive, evil and blasphemous sound.


6.Also a lot of your lyrics are very satanic, occult and blasphemous, can you tell us a little bit more about your interest in the dark arts?
**I've been into the dark side all my life since I remember. its our only path that helps us to get through in this pathetic life we live in.

7.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Morbosidad'?
**A spit on god's face, nothing but blasphemous Morboso Metal.


8.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
**I really enjoyed playing Black Flames of Blasphemy in Finland. The sound was so amazing, the bands on the bill plus having Sodomatic Slaughter playing Salomon' Gate with Morbosos was unique, something I will never forget. Our performances are always full of hate, chaos and insanity. I fuckin dig crowds when they get rawdy and a fucked up, is always a plus fpr us to see that.


9.What are some of the final touring or show plans for 2018?
**We are playing El Salvador and Guatemala once again this March. Then in April we will desecrate Tennessee for the first time. May we have a local show in San Antonio, Texas. June we will spill some blood at Destrtoying Texas Metal Fest. July, we are going back to play Gospel of the Serpent Fest. Then in October Peru and Colombia or Chile. Thats what we have so far.

10.Originally the band was based in Oakland, California but now re-located to Houston, Texas, can you tell us a little bit more about this move?
**I live in San Antonio, Texas. The rest of my members live in Houston. I dont know what heppened, still trying to figure it out why? Ohh well, its been 6 years already, so lets see what happens within thw next years.


11.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your newer material by fans of war, black, and death metal?
**Its been great so far, Im always thankful for the fan base we have, they are loyal and die hards. A big hails and horns up to them for their support.


12.Are the band members going to focus more on their other musical projects after 2018?
**I think so, Joe Necro and Matt Mayhem play in Blaspherian. Ded Ted on Hell Razor, so Im sure they will be busy with their priority bands. Or who.knows, may be some other project, who.knows, depends all on them now.


13.Are there any newer influences that you have brought onto the new recording that you where not able to do on previous releases?
**No sir, no need to. Influences are always the same ones: Sarcofago,Beherit,Blasphemy and Archgoat.


14.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
**Thanks for the interview, big thanks for the Morboso Maniacs who supported us all these years, their endless support means alot to me. Support the real UG.I

Bandcamp
Facebook
Spotify






No comments:

Post a Comment